Wednesday 7 August 2013

Real Life Intervenes

I've neglected my poor blog so much recently! Real life has been pretty busy as of late.
I am primarily keeping this blog as one based around cosmetics, including reviews of products, recommendations, etc... but this post is going to be about me and where I am with my life at the moment. It's just going to be a brief introduction about me, why I've decided to write this blog and list some of the reasons I've been so neglectful of it!

For a very brief explanation of me: I'm a Welsh 20 year old university student studying English Literature in Cardiff University.

I love reading and writing (one of the main reasons I'm doing English Literature) but my course doesn't really give me the opportunity to write creatively as much as I want to, instead focusing a lot upon textual analysis and essay writing. I have always loved creative writing from a young age, and as my university course doesn't allow me to express myself creatively as much as I would like, I decided to start this blog as a way to enable me to do so. It allows me to not only practice and develop my writing skills, but will hopefully enable me to interact with and offer advice to people who are also interested in cosmetics.

As well as university being one of the main reasons I started the blog, it's also been involved in why I haven't posted much lately. Term time runs from September to June, and I started this blog after my assessments but before my results, and before the official end of Year 2. I was still living away from home (I moved out for university) but technically my course had finished so it allowed me enough free time to get this blog up and running. Since my last post, I've received my results, passed, officially finished my second year and have been in the process of preparing for my third, and final (gulp!) year. Towards the end of June I had to move out of my university accommodation to move home for summer before the start of Year 3, so initially I was busy with packing and unpacking; moving back in to live with my parents. I also had to decide what modules I was going to undertake in Year 3, so there was a lot of deliberation, choices, and online enrolment I had to take care of.

Once the move home was complete, real life continued to interfere with my blog  in numerous different ways: I caught up with school friends, we had amazing weather (the hottest summer in Britain for around 70 years!) so I admittedly spent the majority of my time outside soaking up the sun and catching up with people I hadn't seen all year. It's still summer here (although the weather now suggests otherwise) but I'm missing writing and I feel like my blog really deserves to get back on it's feet, so this is my official promise to begin with regular updates! I'm still busy with friends and preparing for the start of my third year of university (I have a lot of dissertation preparation to take care of over the summer!) but I'm going to attempt to post a blog update at least once a week, just to keep myself writing regularly and filling you in on all the cosmetic purchases I've made over summer!

Think that's about enough of an explanation given, (justifiably more for myself than any one else!) but I feel that now I've explained the hiatus I can finally get back to posting normally. Thanks to those of you for taking time to read this and I promise the next post will be in keeping with the theme of my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment